Friday, March 18, 2011

Salted caramel recipe with a secret ingredient


This salted caramel recipe has no salt as an ingredient.  Instead it uses salted caramel recipe-miso something salty!  I got the idea for a salted caramel recipe with miso miso ice cream after and several people have commented that it tasted like salted caramel.  I developed the salted caramel recipe on my own (I don't think it has already been done), and could not be more satisfied with the results.


I licked the spoon, I licked the spatula, I almost my tongue stuck in the pot, and my only regret after it salted caramel put my ginger pear cupcakes that there was not a larger proportion of caramel to cupcake.  The miso caramel is more than just salted caramel-it is salted caramel with depth (miso brings a taste of his own beyond just salt) and an Asian flair.  If I could history again, this would be salted caramel recipe used to sweeten tea during tea ceremonies in old tea houses to lush Japanese mountains.


Salted caramel recipe



This salted caramel recipe is adapted from the strong sea salt caramel in the sea salt caramel brownies found on them is becoming increasingly doughmesstic and originally found in a sweet and salty cake in baked: new frontiers inBaking.
1 tablespoon red miso paste2 El water1 c sugar2 tbsp light corn syrup1 teaspoon vanilla1/4 C sour creamIn a small cup, Los the miso in the water.In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the sugar and glucose syrup. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the sugar is a medium goldish brown runs, stirring constantly. Then remove from the fire.  (I tend to burn sugar.  Susan from "she is getting doughmesstic" remembered in the instructions that even after removing the sugar from the heat, it will continue to cook.  It is best to the too early than too late.  I've listened, and these caramel not burn.  Yippee!) Cool for one minute.Add the vanilla and miso and stir quickly to combine.Whisk in the sour cream.Cool to room temperature.However, you want to use-sprinkled on fruit, fingers, on ice or on cupcakes!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment