Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lamb Burger recipe with chocolate and homemade Ketchup


This lamb Burger recipe with a touch of chocolate and homemade ketchup is the first of Jonathan (my husband and personal chef) recipes that I've ever posted.  While Jonathan is best known on this site for taking the beautiful food photos in each of my posts, he is just as (if not more) comfortable in the kitchen as I am.  I bake.  He boils.



The main reason I haven't one of Jonathan the recipes placed is that Jonathan recipes cannot be used.  He is the type of chef who never the same thing twice is because he doesn't remember what he did.  He throws just things on the stove and like magic, he conjures up a gourmet meal.  I am a lucky gal!


A: I posted my recipe polenta but doesn't tell you exhibit
went about what in the meat tomato sauce.
That was because Jonathan created
the meat sauce with no written recipe.
Last year, when I was preparing my entry for the Scharffen Berger Chocolate adventure Contest, I encouraged Jonathan to create an entry also. For the chance of ten thousand dollars I thought he could write down recipe.  As it turned out, I have written the recipe down-after him around the kitchen and copious notes while he cooked.


The Lamb Burger recipe didn't win (my black Thai cupcakes or not), but the good news for you and me is that the Lamb Burger recipe is now registered for us to enjoy and time!


Scharffen Lambergers recipe
1 oz bittersweet chocolate
1 pound ground lamb1 El mint leaves, finely chopped1/2 teaspoon smoked salt1/4 teaspoon white pepper1 teaspoon smoked paprika1 teaspoon sumac1/4 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper, ground1/2 teaspoon garlic powder1/2 teaspoon cumin seed1 El canola oil4 whole grain hamburger buns1 c arugulaChop chocolate into small pieces and melt completely in a double boiler or microwave.In a large bowl, combine chocolate, lamb, mint and spices. Mix thoroughly.Divide the Lamb seasoned ground in four balls.Heat canola oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.Add patties the oil and cook thoroughly, about 5 minutes per side.Light toast hamburger buns.Place each patty on the bottom half of a roll. Spread homemade ketchup (see below) on the top of the patty, to taste. Garnish with Arugula and cover with the top of the roll.
Homemade Ketchup

If you have never tried homemade ketchup before, you are in for a treat!  You don't have to make lamb burgers to try this ketchup.  Use it on any time/any time instead of the stuff in the bottle.
1 oz bittersweet chocolate15 oz (1 can) tomato sauce3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar1/2 teaspoon garlic powder1/2 teaspoon ONION powder1/4 teaspoon smoked salt1/2 teaspoon sumacCombine all ingredients in a nonreactive medium saucepan.Over medium-high heat until the mixture to a slow boil, stirring regularly.Lower heat and simmer until reduced by half.Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use. Facebook reminder

Don't forget to check out the Cupcake Project Facebook page for a sweet chocolaty giveaway.




View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment