Monday, February 28, 2011

Salted caramel recipe with a secret ingredient

This salted caramel recipe has no salt as an ingredient.  Instead it uses salted caramel recipe slightly salty-miso!  I got the idea for a salted caramel recipe with miso after miso ice cream making and several people have commented that it tasted like salted caramel.  I developed the salted caramel recipe on my own (I don't think it's been done before), and could not be more satisfied with the results.

I licked the spoon, I licked the spatula, I almost my tongue stuck in the pot, and my only regret after these salted caramel put my ginger pear cupcakes that there was a larger proportion of caramel to cupcake was.  The miso salted caramel is more than just salted caramel-it is salted caramel with depth (miso brings a taste of his own beyond just salt) and an Asian flair.  If I could history again, would this be salted caramel recipe used to sweeten tea during tea ceremonies in ancient tea houses on lush Japanese mountains.


Salted caramel recipe

This heavily salted caramel recipe is adapted from the sea salt caramel in the sea salt caramel brownies found on them is getting doughmesstic and originally found in a sweet and salty cake in baked: new frontiers in the bin.
1 tablespoon red miso paste2 El water1 c sugar2 El light corn syrup1 teaspoon vanilla1/4 C sour creamIn a small cup, los the miso in the water.In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine the sugar and glucose syrup. Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the sugar turns a medium goldish brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.  (I tend to burn sugar.  Susan from "she is getting doughmesstic" remembered in the instructions that even after removing the sugar of the heat, it will continue to cook.  It is best to early than too late.  I've been listening, and this caramel not burn.  Yippee!) Cool for one minute.Add the miso and vanilla and stir quickly to combine.Whisk in the sour cream.Cool to room temperature.However, you want to use-sprinkled on fruit, on the fingers, on ice, or on cupcakes!

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment